Sunday, June 3, 2012

MDS - Angry Birds Bottle Cap Charms

I've been wanting to smoosh bottle caps for a long time, but never did!  My friend, Angela, brought her son over for a play date with my kids a couple of months ago.  Codye was wearing an adorable bottle cap on his jacket.  I also saw this idea on the web awhile ago, too.  So I decide to make these for my son's birthday party. 


My husband got me brand new bottle caps from a beer brewer.  I create 1" circle images from My Digital Studio (MDS) using images from the Internet.  I punch a hole with a Crop-A-Dile (retired) and smoosh the bottle caps with the Big Shot. 


Using Crystal Effect, I add a little bit inside the smooshed bottle cap to act as glue, add the punched image,  smooth out any air at the bottom and then add a lot more Crystal Effect on top.   Air bubbles can be removed with a needle or safety pin. I then leave them dry overnight.  I add a jump ring and lanyard hook to each so the kids can hook it up with anything they like!

For a 30-day free trial of MDS, click HERE.  To place your order, click HERE.

Follow me on Pinterest HERE for more Angry Birds Party ideas that I use and HERE for Altered Crafts.

Enjoy!

Danee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2014. The contents of this blog have been created by Danee Hoang. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. Thanks for your support!