Saturday, March 2, 2013

DIY: Apothecary Jars & Tags

Since I saw the Sweet Table at my niece's wedding here, I've been wanting to have some Apothecary jars.  Well, I want a smaller version and lower prices for those jars.  So I found the idea on Pinterest.


I keep my eyes open for jars, vases, lids, and candlestick holders at garage sales and "vintage" stores.  After removing the tags with Goo Gone, washing with soap, soaking in vinegar, and rising them well in water, I am ready!


It is pretty easy to do!  I just glue the jars to the candlestick holders with E-6000 glue in a well ventilated area, let them dry over night, wash them again and I am done!


I then decorate the lids with some handmade tags:  M&M, Pineapple, and Sunflower punch art.  The kids & our guests couldn't stop stopping by this table!  (I know I still need one more lid to complete the project.)


There are so many uses for them.  Right now, they store our nuts, Wasabi peas, dried fruits, and candies.  Each jar costs less than $3 to make!  I once sent these jars to school for Staff's Appreciation Day and someone thought I sell the food in them. :)

Have a beautiful day!

Danee

4 comments:

  1. Great Idea for a send to school for Appreciation day.... I'm going to try this one.... Thanks, Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danee,

    did you by any chance test the strength of the bond between the candleholder & vase? I'm sorried the Glue will give out & break once I fill the jars, one of them did break off after a couple of days :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about that. Mine are all still intact. Did you use the same glue and leave enough time to dry?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2014. The contents of this blog have been created by Danee Hoang. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. Thanks for your support!