Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Everybunny Chick Bookmarks

I can't hardly believe it has been a 100 days since my Dad passed away and I miss him so much!  My Mother-In-Law has also become ill recently.  Please say a little prayer for them for me.  Thank you!  My youngest son, Jake, is so thoughtful and reminds me that Grandpa loves rosemary and tangerines.  So he picks the tiniest tangerine from our garden to bring it to the cemetery.  How cute is that?


Let's get start with today's project.  I told the boys that we have to start making gifts for their friends for Easter.  This year, I am making magnetic bookmarks that I got the idea from Julie here because every Spring break, the kids have a Read-A-Thon from school.  I like the idea that these bookmarks snap close around the page.  The boys get to choose a stamp based on Easter or Spring theme. 


Ryan selects the chick from Everybunny stamp set.  He has done a great job at stamping, punching, and coloring.  After coloring a few images, he said that he got too many classmates and asked me to finish it up for him. :)


I get to reuse and recycle expired calendar and advertised refrigerator magnets that I no longer need.  My brother also gave me a whole sheet of advertised magnet he got at his auto shop, too.  So there were plenty for both Ryan and Jake's classes!  Each magnet is cut into 1" square and made sure that they are place on the right polarity by turning the top magnet around until it's stuck hard to the bottom magnet.  You really need to do this step right, trust me. :)  I also use the Coloring Coach for these great dynamic dual colors:  Rose Red/Regal Rose and Baja Breeze/Not Quite Navy along with the Daffodil Delight.


I cut my card stock into 5-1/2"  x 8-1/2" and score at 2-3/4" on the short side.  Then I trim it down to 2-1/8" before I run it through the Big Shot with the Two Tags Die.  Line up the fold in the middle line along with the large tag to cut.  You get 8 bookmarks per sheet.

Have a great day!

Danee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2014. The contents of this blog have been created by Danee Hoang. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. Thanks for your support!