Monday, February 25, 2013

Upcycled Glass Jars: Homemade XO Sauce

My husband loves XO Sauce!  We used to buy it, but it was a little bit too pricey and we stopped.   A few weeks ago, my friend Angela brought over some and my husband sure enjoyed it so much again!  So we decide to make them.


I clean out these containers and reuse them.  We soak the dried squid, dried shrimps, and dried scallops. We put them and the Chinese pickled radish through the Magics Bullet to grind them up. We then add dried pepper flakes and garlic and stir-fried all the ingredients together.

 
I love the Hoop La La stamp set as it reminded me of my Home Economic teacher, Mrs. Lin Crow, from 7th grade.  I learned how to cross stitch with her.  She was very kind and caring for me and my younger sisters as we were getting adjusted to the new country.  I am not sure if these kind of classes are being offered any more!  Anyhow, I decide to use the cross-stitched heart with XOXO image for the sauce.


I generate the "Homemade Sauce" labels using MDS, print them out and stamp the image in the center.

Have a lovely day!

Danee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2014. The contents of this blog have been created by Danee Hoang. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. Thanks for your support!