Monday, January 16, 2012

Vietnamese New Year

Next week, January, 23rd, 2012 is Chinese/Vietnamese New Year. I've been requested to make something for the traditions. Normally, I follow the traditions and use whatever is available in the market. So I will give it a try this year to use SU! products. It's a challenge since we don't have those Asian influence stamp sets this year.


Today's card is inspired by this Red Envelope (Bao Lì Xì in Vietnamese) and it would contain money inside for Luck. It would be given out during New Year (Tết in Vietnamese). It has a lot of red and gold to signify Luck and Wealth!


The Framed Tulips Embossing Folder looks very similar to gold frame of the envelope and the tulips themselves look like the gold bars in Chinese old days. The Fifth Avenue Floral looks almost like the mums from the Red Envelope. I'll let you guess which other stamp set I use in here for the leaves and the butterfly! :) Let me know if this passes as a Chinese New Year card!


I also spray a lot of Champagne Shimmer Paint to the card to give it more shimmery look! (The lighting changes the color so much when I take close-up picture!)

Enjoy!


Danee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2014. The contents of this blog have been created by Danee Hoang. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. Thanks for your support!