Saturday, November 19, 2011

CASE III: Discover and Share

I need to finish this up before it's too late. :) My husband took my camera out of town that week and a couple of pictures were still on the camera. I am continuing from CASE I and CASE II.


While making the above Gerber Daisy Bouquet for my son's teacher last Spring, I noticed that I needed 1-1/2 sheets of card stock in order to make just one flower. I had a lot of wastes and indentation on the 5-1/2" x 5" of card stock that I cut with Daisies #2 Die. So I took out my ruler and found out that I can cut my card stock with a paper trimmer in a way (as shown below) that I only needed half as much material - 3/4 sheet of card stock. You can click on the picture to enlarge it.



So why CASE? When you don't feel too creative, it's easier to just copy something to get started than to re-invent the wheels. I once read this comment from Eleanor Roosevelt and I think we can apply that to paper crafts, too. :)

“Learn from the mistakes of others.
You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself. ”
― Eleanor Roosevelt




So what happen when you can't find something to copy? Well, I ran into that situation a few years ago. My wonderful friend/former co-worker, Claudine, who totally supports her smart and kind daughter, Ashley, asked me to make a flamingo for her. I couldn't find one to copy so I made one. I discover it wasn't too hard since I have been doing so many CASES (no pun intended!), it was easier to create something from a picture that I got from the Internet. At the time, I was glad to share it through my upline, Becky Roberts' blog at Inking Idaho. You can find them here and with this link.

One more thing I want to share with you! Starting Monday, November 21, 2011, and run through Wednesday, November 30, 2011, Stampin' Up! will have an Online Extravaganza, our annual sale to kick off the holiday shopping season. There will be some items on sale for 24 hours only (November 21, 12:01 AM - 11:59 PM [MT])-so make sure you don't miss the first 24 hours of Online Extravaganza!


Make sure you log in to my Stampin' Up Website on Monday, November 21, to take advantage of great savings! It will be under Products > Shop Now.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Danee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2014. The contents of this blog have been created by Danee Hoang. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. Thanks for your support!