Friday, April 13, 2012

Dr. Seuss' Inspirations


If you guessed the Lorax from the last post, you are absolutely right!  The movie was released last month.  It seems that his eyes are blue, but when you buy color Googlie Eyes, you only get like a pair of each color! :)


My kids brought home these hats that they made in school to celebrate Dr. Seuss' Birthday in March.  I made these Party Favors for a few weeks already.  I use a paper towel roll as my guide to create the container which looks like the hat from The Cat in the Hat.


I inserted some wrapped bubble gums inside the 1" x 8" cellophane bags (#124134).  I use the new Small Oval Punch (#120908) and Large Oval Punch (#119855) to create the Cat in the Hat punch art.  I inserted these favors in the container to decorate as my center piece.  I missed the old Small Oval Punch and I thought I would not have too much use on the new Small Oval Punch.  However, I was wrong as I use it a lot, even on the Lorax!

Have fun creating!

Danee

2 comments:

  1. Such cute projects. We are heading to the movie in a few minutes as we just haven't had time with student teaching. These are totally going in my ideas to remember for next year. I bet the Lorax could be made into a great bookmark. Your punch art is so inspirational! I am so happy to have stumbled upon your work... it is a true work of art:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danee, these are such fun projects. I can see that these will be very much in demand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All stamped images are copyright of Stampin' Up! 1990-2014. The contents of this blog have been created by Danee Hoang. They are shared for personal non-commercial use and inspiration only. Thanks for your support!